Client Map & Testimonials
- "Changing parameters and visualizing the effects in real-time were a great way to make the material more intuitive."
- "Playing with different parameters and seeing how they affected the velocity graph made the material much more concrete."
- "The spreadsheet labs were extremely helpful in transitioning to college labs. They helped me think about experiments and problems in new ways."
SLM Alumni Testimonials:
Teachers: Candid feedback from clients at member schools.
- "The Excel labs were easily my favorite part of the Physics class. As an Excel geek myself I really enjoyed doing the labs and learned a lot by doing them as well. Changing parameters and visualizing the effects in real-time were a great way to make the material more intuitive. My favorite lab was the terminal velocity lab. Playing with different parameters and seeing how they affected the velocity graph made the material much more concrete. Moreover, for any student, Excel is an essential skill that needs to be explored early on. Whether it is planning your budget, making complex calculations in college Chemistry lab, or doing statistical analysis, Excel is an invaluable tool. I highly recommend the Excel Physics labs for any high school Physics student." - Mahir S. (UCLA), (Comp. Science, Web Developer Intern at LinkedIn)
- "The spreadsheet labs were extremely helpful in transitioning to college labs. They helped me think about experiments and problems in new ways. Particularly, they helped organize complex computations efficiently. This was important in college and gave a great base to learn other computational tools like MATLAB." - Sam U. (MIT) (Aerospace Engineering)
- "Before taking this physics class, I had only ever used Excel to create a few quick pie charts for other classes, and I never really understood the great versatility of the program and how helpful it could be. I learned from him how to create equations and input commands, among many other things, and in pursuing my degree in Zoo Science at Delaware Valley University I have found this knowledge to be a great asset. When my Ecology courses and labs included taking environmental surveys that required collecting, manipulating, and interpreting large amount of data, I was way ahead of my classmates. My savvy with Excel allowed me to complete these assignments with ease. One of my Psychology courses required us to complete an experiment in changing human behavior. Using Excel, I was able to give a full statistical analysis of my group's results and make some beautiful graphs for our presentation that impressed the professor so much that he asked for a printed copy of my spreadsheets to show future classes, and gave us the highest grade in the class, by far. I am now graduating with a 3.8 GPA, and these Excel teachings have greatly contributed to my success." - Christine U. Delaware Valley University (Zoo Science)
- "The spreadsheet labs provided a solid foundation for the understanding of the different basic functionalities of Excel as well as an appreciation for the more complex capabilities of the program. This has greatly supported my work at college both in the class, to solve more complex problems, and in research, to carry out quick analyses of data." - Kenny W. UMD (Chemical Engineering)
- "I would be more than happy to endorse... I can't tell you enough how the Spreadsheet Labs helped in college, as I was an Econ major in a good number of Econometric classes. I also now work in consulting, so those skills have been incredibly beneficial in my day to day work." Mike A. Boston College (Economics)
- "It definitely helped me for college." Audry B. Stockton University (Chemistry)
Teachers: Candid feedback from clients at member schools.
- "I just added 'Angular Motion in Cars' this Fall, and the students really liked it. I still say your labs get the students the most engaged and they really enjoy them and see how they would apply to real world problem solving."
- ‘Excel is a fantastic tool used by scientists and students alike around the globe, but even amongst this group of people it is poorly understood and is not fully utilised. I used the Titration spreadsheet to work out the mid and end points of titrations, which was a great help. The students I teach also loved the spreadsheet, easily applying it to their work to double check against their own calculations and constructing their own graphs. I wish to say a big thank you to Michael and that his spreadsheets are one of the best, if not the best teaching resources that I have come across for technical subjects.’
- "I created and ran your sample about terminal velocity today and it was perfect for what I'd like to do in my class. Here's a great story for you to tell. My son has just finished his freshman year at West Point and he's out at Fort Benning, GA doing Airborne school (jumping out of planes). He's jumping from towers this week and planes next week. He and his buddies all got on the phone to me today and asked me to calculate their velocity at various times (4,6,10 seconds) before deploying the parachute, and then after the parachute deploys. I was able to use your spreadsheets (and a hybrid one I made) to answer that question very nicely. He and his friends were thrilled to actually be able to get an answer to their very practical question. They wanted to know how fast they would be going so they understood what to expect. How great is that! It'll be a great story for me to tell my classes when we run this simulation as well."
- "I look forward to using your materials. Sure has saved me from putting this stuff together."
- "I plan to spend some quality time with your product over the summer. Thank you for making this available & for inspiring me to keep looking for new ways to connect with my students."
- "The administrators of our district forwarded your email to our science department. I read it with interest. My son attends U of Cinci and took their introductory chemistry series, and just about every single lab required them to put data into an excel spreadsheet online and make graphs etc ...Needless to say he struggled the first quarter!"
- "Please send a copy of your CD to our school. I am the department chair and teach Chemistry and AP Chemistry. The physics teacher will be very interested too. He has students collect data and look for relationships all the time."
- "It looks to me like you have put together a very excellent educational tool."